HR Business Partner - West Yorkshire Combined Authority
Kirklees Council are advertising this role on behalf of West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
West Yorkshire Combined Authority are seeking to appoint a HR Business Partner to join our Human Resources team on a Fixed Term Contract basis to 30th June 2021.
At the WYCA we bring together local councils and businesses through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP), this ensures that our work meets the needs of employers and residents so that everyone in our region can benefit from economic prosperity supported by a modern, accessible transport network, housing and digital connections while tackling the climate emergency and help deliver our commitment to become a net zero carbon city region by 2038.
Reporting into and supporting the HR Operations Manager, you will managing a team of HR Advisors and Support Officers on a day to day basis, to allow the Head of HR to get the organisation mayoral ready for May 2021 elections. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work strategically with Directorates to ensure all people management issues are dealt with robustly and following legislation
- Ensure all business planning decisions are aligned with the HR strategy of how the organisation is transforming.
- Continually review HR policy, practices and processes to ensure they meet the needs of the organisation and wider partners.
- Coach, guide and advise managers so they are skilled and equipped to handle challenging people management and development issues,
- Ensure ‘tool kits’ are updated to enable managers to be self-sufficient.
Please review the Role Profile on our website for more information about the responsibilities.
You should be an experienced operational HR professional, who will have the following key skills, attributes, education and experience:
- Managed and led change processes, providing guidance to senior management on organisational design and job evaluation processes.
- Extensive and proven generalist HR experience working with senior management, providing advice, guidance and robust challenge.
- Experienced in forming and developing effective working relationships to achieve the best outcomes for the organisation.
- Be a strategic thinker with ability to put this into practice, alongside strong influencing skills, with ability to challenge at all levels.
- You will be CIPD qualified Level 5
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Fully funded travel in West Yorkshire on bus and rail with the MCard
- Flexible working practises with Health and Wellbeing initiatives to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
If this sounds like your next role, please upload your CV to our online application tool telling us why you would be a great fit for our role.
Please visit our jobsite to apply by 11:55pm on Friday 02 October 2020.
Please note that we are hoping to hold interviews on 6 and 7 October 2020
Applicants with a disability are guaranteed an interview, subject to the minimum criteria being met.
The Combined Authority’s aim is to attract people from diverse backgrounds to build on our inclusive culture and represent the communities we serve. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are committed to inclusivity and will consider requests for flexible working including part time and job share arrangements.
Candidates will be notified of invitation to interview by e-mail and interviews will be carried out either by phone or video interview.
Please note that whilst it is our policy to recruit at SP1 for all appointments, which is the salary stated above, each role includes career salary progression, with incremental increases applicable in most cases, on an annual basis. The annual pay award for the financial year 2020/21 is still pending and will be applied to the salary structure as appropriate once confirmed.
Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidate information will be retained by the Combined Authority for six months unless you make a request for this to be deleted.
02 October 2020, 11:55 PM
This vacancy is closed to applications.